The Inception

Showered, hair washed, partly dressed and cursing having to work the evening shift this week with a rookie for yet the fourth straight week. I wasn't supposed to have a rookie when I transferred districts, that was the deal. But that was too good to be true or maybe I just don't mind the (little) extra pay per day. As I chilled out on my bed watching the time just fly by, I remembered that I am also working secondary again tonight! Why schedule it on the first night back??? What many people don't realize, is that officers do not get paid a whole heck of a lot of money for the chance to be shot at! YES, I chose this profession to serve and protect, however that just because YOU don't like me doesn't mean you have to be a DICK to me. I will respect you and still come to your house when you call 9-1-1. I'm not here to please you, I'm here to do a job ... my job!

So even though I would rather remain home and enjoy the weather by either sunbathing, swimming or riding my motorcycle, I go into work and work throughout the night making sure the community and its people are safe.

I'm not here to make friends, but to shine a little light on the how things go for me and me alone. I will not take credit for others as that is their own to share. I will be vague on somethings and probably not on others. I don't need your criticism and if you don't like what I am writing...well I'm not the one making you read it. So close my blog, delete it and go find something else to do or read. Don't impose your opinions on me and I won't impose mine on you.

With that being said...


~~Out

Comments